Providing microloans to qualified entrepreneurs in developing countries
The central feature of the Microloan program is teaching. Potential loan candidates receive financial and Bible-based teaching prior to getting a loan and continue receiving teaching throughout the term of the loan. Individuals within a loan group are mutually accountable to each other and are responsible to ensure all loans are repaid.
“We are very grateful to God for the teaching that we have received. It has strengthened our trust and belief in our God.”
“The teachings we get from the meetings has helped me to interact and relate well with my clients and apprentices; I am grateful for this provision.”
Microloan program goals
• Provides small loans for individuals to create or expand businesses.
• Walks with group members as they learn a sustainable way of life.
• Moves them from dependency on aid to using their own resources.
• Teaches better ways to market goods, work with customers, and keep good records.
• Provides ongoing teaching to show people how to follow Christ in everyday life.