Coronavirus Crisis Care
The CORONAVIRUS CRISIS CARE project was launched to respond to the increasing number of physical and spiritual needs and opportunities coming to our attention from the poorer areas of the world, as well as the United States, as a result of this pandemic. Pray for us as we seek to show Christ in this time of need. So far, some of these needs are:
- Medicines, medical supplies, and medical care in places of the world where health systems are often woefully inadequate due to poverty and conflict.
- Emergency food aid to needy people in places like Haiti, Egypt, and Bethlehem who have lost their jobs or are quarantined.
- Soap, disinfectant, and other preventive supplies for war-torn Yemen and refugee camps in the Middle East.
- Christian literature in various languages with a message of hope that points people to Jesus.
- Special Gospel billboard messages in our nation’s largest cities to bring comfort and encouragement by pointing people to Christ.
The plans in this list are still in development, and undoubtedly many more needs and opportunities will surface in the coming weeks
Relentless! Is probably the best word to describe war-torn Yemen. At times there is hope as leaders gather at the table to discuss peace plans.
CAM provides aid for those suffering from the war in Yemen. Here is a note of thanks from one of the recipients of aid provided through our Yemen project:
An estimated 85,000 Yemeni children have died of hunger or disease since the war began three years ago, according to an analysis by Save the Children.
The UN recently announced that Yemen is rapidly spiraling into the worst famine the world has seen in the past century. As the war continues, Yemenis face tremendous suffering. Yemen is the poorest country in the Middle East and conditions there continue to deteriorate rapidly. As support is available, we want to seize the opportunity to provide suffering Yemenis with food, water, and other emergency aid.
After more than 1,000 days of civil war and 9,000 bombings in Yemen, homes and jobs are left in shambles. “People everywhere started losing their jobs and . . . were not paid salaries anymore,” reported one citizen. Every day, two out of three families don’t know if...
For two years, war has raged in Yemen, an impoverished country on the Arabian Peninsula. Bombs and missiles rain down destruction and death, as Saudi Arabia tangles for influence and rebel groups fight for control. But war has brought something even worse to Yemen....
Millions face food and water shortages Yemen is a poverty-stricken country on the Arabian Peninsula that is being ravaged by war. Since the war in Yemen broke out in early 2015, thousands of people have died and millions are facing shortages of food, water, and vital...